"Please help us challenge National Post and Tristin Hopper for an article spreading misinformation about Palestine. The article violates numerous basic journalistic standards. The National Post is being either malicious or incompetent."
Poor coverage - Media outlet to be critiqued
A CJPME Media Researcher has launched a media alert for the following article. Please submit a quick response to the media, even if it’s just a sentence or two:
Title of Piece: Tristin Hopper: "It is not apartheid: A quick debunking of the most obvious lies about the State of Israel”
Media Outlet: National Post
Click here to access the piece on-line
Comments of the CJPME Media Researcher:
(Note: Please do not copy and paste the material below as the content to your message to the media - put all comments in your own words):
Please help us challenge National Post and Tristin Hopper for an article spreading misinformation about Palestine.
The article violates numerous basic journalistic standards. The National Post is being either malicious or incompetent.
- The story is presented as "news," even though it is clearly the 'journalist's' opinion.
- Tristin Hopper ridiculously claims he is attempting to "debunk" the “lies” said about Israel. However, his views are based on misrepresentations of history and one-sided assertions.
- The author claims that Israel is not an apartheid state, but fails to address any of the compelling arguments presented by human rights organizations like Amnesty International.
- With respect to the history of failed negotiations, Hopper lazily places all the blame on Palestinians.
- The piece states that Gaza isn't occupied, despite the many international organizations that say it is.
Please click here to launch an email in which you can draft a response to this media coverage. If this link does not work for you, simply open an email in your email program, address it to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and draft and send your email.
If you wish to get your letter published in the letter to the editor section, please submit your letter via this form: https://nationalpost.com/contact/
If you have any problems, please email [email protected].
Thank you very much. Every response makes a difference.